Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Island is here!

I'm delighted to announce that The Island is out today. You can buy it here at Loose Id. 


Shaw has made a lucrative living doing deals with the devil but now, after falling for the tortured captive of a dangerous crime boss, it's not just his job he's risking by getting too close -- it's his life. 

Today when I was at the beach I found a sand dollar. It's sitting on my desk now, reminding me of my guys on their tropical island, of a nightmare masquerading as a paradise, and of how sometimes we put our hope in the craziest things.  

I hope you enjoy it. 

I also hope you like to be surprised! 

8 comments:

Pat said...

Just finished my first read of The Island. I say first read because I had to skim some parts till I found out how the book would end (don't want to give away spoilers to anyone considering or in process of reading the book).

Now I will go back and reread the parts that worried me the first time through. I have to say, the twist you put in took me totally by surprise.

This was really an excellent book.

Lisa said...

Hi Pat,
I'm so glad you didn't see the twist coming! I hope it takes everyone by surprise.
I hope you like it as much the second time around! :)

Pat said...

I added a review to Goodreads. It looks like you already had quite a few positive ones out there but it never hurts to have more (smile).

Lisa said...

Thank you, Pat. I certainly appreciate that!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I haven't read this yet but I definitely will in the near future, but I was just wanted to know about one detail. Would you mind telling me the ages you imagined Shaw and Lee were? I am just really curious to know! Thanks.

Lisa said...

Hi Anonymous,

Lee is 22, and Shaw is 28.
I hope you enjoy The Island!

Elle said...

Are there any plans for this book to be released in its ebook format through Barnes and Noble?

Lisa said...

Hi Elle!

Here is the link to The Island
The Island on Barnes and Noble for Nook.
I hope you enjoy it!