Thursday, September 12, 2013

Welcome to the world of the future!

So, this week I made a website

I know, I know, this is something eight-year-olds have been doing for decades now, but I am technologically challenged. Well, that's all going to change. I'm going to embrace technology. Now, the future awaits...and it's full of glorious chest hair!



It took me a bottle of wine, a lot of swearing, and some encouraging words from my co-writer/arch-nemesis J.A. Rock, who ALSO MADE A WEBSITE! 

Suspicious coincidence? No, not at all. 

She made hers first and I thought, Yeah, that's probably something I should have done ages ago. Also, it turned out to be a really good way to procrastinate. Because it was writing-related, but not actual writing, so I got to spend the day not writing and escape the guilt of not writing at the same time. 

And I think the end result is worth it. Mmmm...pretty. 

J.A. said that the boys I found for my home page were super cute and that maybe I should cover them with blood and bruises so I don't mislead people. But I like to imagine they're suffering on the inside. 

So anyway, the blog will stay here where it's always been, but the links up top will now take you to the website. 

And, on the writing side of things, J.A. and I are about to get stuck into the edits of Mark Cooper Versus America, and we have some fun promo stuff planned for when it's released. No date yet, but I'll be sharing that as soon as I know it. 

In other news, we've seen the draft of the cover for When All The World Sleeps, and OMG! So beautiful and creepy and awesome! I can't wait until we can show it off.  

6 comments:

J.A. Rock said...

It is a pretty site!

OMG that cover! Seriously wanna show it nowwwww...

Lisa said...

I can't wait until we can share the cover! :)

I keep checking my email to make sure it's not a dream...

J.A. Rock said...

I also do that. And sometimes interrupt my work just to look at it. And then I kind of sigh and put my chin in my hand and bluebirds fly by my window. And I break into song.

Lisa said...

And squirrels do my housework...

J.A. Rock said...

Omg...are we Disney princesses?

Lisa said...

Shh...I'm trying to remember the words to Someday My Prince Will Come.